Friday, April 24, 2015

Our Journey Doesn't End Here...

Yesterday, we had a moment of silence for two colleagues that died at work this past week.
Now, I see death almost daily and yet, I am still quite emotionally impacted by the passing of others, even if I do not know them well. Even if I have assurance that a person knows the Lord Jesus, my heart still swells in mourning. This is a good thing, I suppose. It speaks to our humanity and our desire to live and see life thrive. But, we can't avoid death...and yet we try...boy, do some of us try!

As Christians, we are not to fear death. We have hope beyond the grave.
Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; ~John 11:25

For me, life does not end with that last breath, or that last heart beat. As someone once said, "You do not have a soul, you are a soul. You have a body." Our journey doesn't end here...

No comments:

Featured Post

They Did Not Realize

Early in the morning, Jesus stood on the shore, but the disciples did not realize that it was Jesus. ~John 21:4